Amber Alert!!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Life In The Paranormal

I've been interested in the Paranormal, since I was around 7 yrs old, when I had an encounter with a spirit or ghost. I know, most people will prolly be like yeah yeah, uhuh and so on, but it's true, whether you choose to believe it or not. Keep in mind that just because you haven't experienced something yourself, does not mean it's not real. There are many things in life that are not completely explained by science, but are. I don't think that science will ever be able to explain everything, because not everything is attainable by science. How bout your gut instinct. Feelings. Those De Ja vu instances. What about coincidences even. Have you ever thought why you have strong pulls towards certain things, that really have no connection to your upbringing or cliques? Why is that? Anyhow, back to the paranormal thing.

When I was 7ish, I was home alone with my brother, who was outside mowing the lawn. I was in my bedroom playing with my favorite puppet "Grover". Mom and dad were out shopping. Everything was as normal when something pulled on my pigtail. It wasn't just a light tug, it was rather harsh, so I spinned around. That is where I saw it. A dark figure, not well formed, but enough to know that he had a beard, moved across my wall, and then disappeared. Nearly like a shadow but denser. I ran out screaming to my brother, who followed behind, when I told him It thought it was a ghost, he turned an ran out the house and down the block, I followed hurridly.... Upon returning to my room, I found my "Grover" puppet had been dismembered. An arm had been torn off. I'll never forget that day. I slept for a while in my parents room and brothers room. Later in life, after discussing this with my mom, and other beliefs I had, she told me that there had always been a problem with flies at my windows, and no reason for them being there.

Since then, throughout my life, wherever I have lived, I have had experiences. But because of my understanding, most of the time, I'm comfortable with it, and so are my kids. They have just a tad of fear, but more curiosity, I think. All instances of experiences have varied, depending on where we have been. We aren't so sure what we have here at our current residence, however. Some of the experiences here have been rather unpleasant. Such as last year, and this happened a few times. In one area, less than 5 feet in circumference, we have had a bad smell. To me it smelled of death or rotten fish. We searched everywhere, at first thinking that one of our cats had drug something under the house, though we searched and there was nothing to be found. We hadn't left garbage around, there was nothing to explain it. And, by the time we finished searching, the smell was gone. Like I said this happened a few times during the summer of last year. That did bother me, as I was told a bad smell is not a good sign. We have also had loud bangings on the walls when there was no one around. One time to try and ease my son, who thought he had seen something, I tried to make a joke. He was showing me where he thought he'd seen something in the kitchen (and, this was past 12am), so laughing I said rather loudly something like if there is something here, give us a sign. At that very moment, and not an instant past, there was a loud knock on the front door. Even that scared the crap out of me, because until that day, I had never asked for anything to happen, they just did. Of course, so you must know, we did check outside, but there was no one or anything around, it was peaceful outside. That night we all spent the night in the same bed.

Before that, when we were in between places, we were living with my brother and his girlfriend. That was a bad situation. We were always being accused of leaving the front door open, and leaving the oven on. There were also instances of bad smells there too.

I used to mess around with the Ouija board, but I no longer do. After understanding a little more of the paranormal, I know it's not a good idea. Though I have had many a strange experience with that too. Thankfully, one time about 10 year ago, I was not able to use one. My boyfriend, at the time, and I had decided to bring our Ouija board out to the cemetery. I know huh, what were we thinking? We had arrived at the cemetery, it was around 11ish or so I think, but our truck had gotten stuck in the mud, and spent hours trying to get it out. At that point, we saw it as a sign that we should not have come here to do this thing.

One time, 3 years ago, it was dark. I had all the lights off, the only light was that of my computer. My daughter had fallen asleep in front of the tv, and was laying on the floor. Everything was very normal, when all the sudden I thought I saw smoke arising from my daughter lying on the floor. I got up in a panic, only to realize it wasn't smoke. But it was very clear to me. I can't explain it really it rose like smoke would, but it was not as translucent. I tried to do research on it, and I think it might have been something they call wisps, but I'm not sure. I've tried to do research on this, but most of what I see appears bunk to me. But it was something abnormal, that's for sure.

This is one of life's mysteries, and isn't that part of what makes life interesting? Look around you, can you explain everything? Most likely not. And, for many, it's not that they choose to not believe, they don't see, they don't pay attention or give the unexplained a chance. That's okay, too. But for myself, I like being surrounded by mystery, for it gives me a reason to know more about the past and the future. Without that, we just live and die.

If you also have an interest, a good show is Paranormal State on A&E. This show, I believe is true to life, however the other shows like it, are full of shit. I'm not an expert, but I have a strong inkling into what is real and not. There was a couple fairly recent shows where they have shown actual exorcisms, and before you toss that idea aside, there are and have been many concurrences in true possessions and exorcisms. Watch the movie "The Exorcism Of Emily Rose". Good movie and based on a true story. Now "The Exorcist" as we all know is fictional, but is based on a possession and exorcism.

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose


The screenplay was written by Scott Derrickson and Paul Harris Boardman; in honor of the contributions of Boardman and other collaborators on the film, Derrickson chose to forgo the traditional "film by" credit. According to Derrickson's DVD commentary, he chose Boardman as his co-writer because Derrickson sees himself as a believer and Boardman as a skeptic, and believed the pairing would provide the screenplay with two different perspectives, thus providing the film some ambiguity as to whether it supports a religious/ supernatural interpretation of the events depicted, or a more secular/ medical interpretation.


The character of Emily Rose was inspired by the true story of Anneliese Michel, a young German Catholic woman who died in 1976 after unsuccessful attempts to cure her from the alleged state of demonic possession with the means of psychotropic drugs. The court accepted the version according to which she was epileptic, refusing to accept the idea of supernatural involvement in this case. Two priests involved in the exorcism on her, as well as her parents, were found guilty of manslaughter resulting from negligence and received prison time, generating controversy. Michel's grave has become a place of pilgrimage for many Catholics who believe she atoned for wayward priests and sinful youth, and honor her as an unofficial saint.[1]

German director Hans-Christian Schmid launched his own treatment of Anneliese Michel's story, Requiem, around the same time in late 2006.



More true stories on Exorcisms:

  1. Jindal's Exorcism
  2. Pope backs surge of exorcism squads to fight the devil head on
  3. Exorcism in Russia (includes audio and video, opens in wmp)
  4. ABC's 20/20 - a real exorcism (video)
Paranormal State:

  1. Paranormal State (the site), PS on A&E
  2. I am Six (part 1) (part 2) (part 3) (part 4) (part 5)
  3. The Devil In Syracuse (part 1) (part 2) (part 3)

0 comments:

About This Blog

you'll find my likes, and dislikes, and views posted as news, videos and pictures, and my personal thoughts and views of said subjects. I'll try to make it as interesting as possible.

Code Amber News Service (CANS) - The Web's Amber

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP