Amber Alert!!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Macabre Life

I love dark art. It's mysterious, horrific, macabre and somewhat disturbing. Okay, maybe a bit more than just somewhat disturbing. But in it's own way (beauty is in the eyes of the beholder), it's beautiful and mesmerizing. Some of the best dark art I have found has been over at Deviant Art. And, if you've never heard of it, it's for all kinds of art, not just dark art, and not just pictures. Artists of all kinds submit their art for critiquing, and some for purchase, I urge you to check it out.

Way back when I was a little girl, is when I became drawn to horror. I think when I was first able to watch "The Exorcist". Even though it scared me out of my skin, I just couldn't get enough. I can remember after watching some horror flick, my dad went outside the house and knocked on my window. When I drew the curtain, he screamed...and, so did I. My mom was furious though...lol Since then, as I've grown I've become more and more drawn to the darkness. I didn't discover dark art until about 7 years ago. Before then, I never knew it existed, all I knew was horror movies.

Dark art is most definitly not for everyone. In it's simplistic form, it can scare the living crap out of you. It lets your imagination roll, so if you scare easy, best not be viewed before bed. The best work I've ever seen in Dark art, has to be that of H. R. Giger. If you think you don't know his work, watch "Alien" again. Yep! He came up with the alien figure, or design. Here are some of my fav artists over at Deviant Art (click on the pic to view their profiles and art):

Headz


Stichpuller


Stalk-Von-Dark


Fetalnightmare

In movies, it seems the more gore the better. However, a good plot is necessary and it cannot be predictable, I hate predictable. I find that I seem to place myself in the movie and feel the fear and pain, why is this I wonder? Movies of horror based on true events are even better. In these, a lot of gore is not necessary, just knowing the movie is true is scarry enough, and makes me lock my doors and windows at night. "The Strangers" was a great movie, and yes, based on true events. So was the "Exorcist of Emily Rose". Gives me shivers.

It's strange this side of me. I often find myself pondering why I have this strong connection to the dark arts. I have a sneaking suspicion that it could be something in my past life(ves). Yes, I believe in reincarnation. I'm a pretty good person, and I have high values. I don't believe in harm to others (unless they are incarcerated, the death penalty), I love all animals, and I'm non-judgmental. I was raised well, and love both my parents, and they are still together. When I was little, I can remember that I preferred to hang out with my parents, or in my room drawing, reading, listening to my music. I had a few friends, but I just seemed to never fit in, then I didn't know why. Now, I think it was because my interests and veiws were just so different. Today, the only real friends I have are my family, and I'm not sure they count as friendships. I will not waste my time having friends I have no connection with, just to say I have a friend. It's not worth it to me. I do have one, someone I've known and shared everything with, someone I clicked with from word one. We had lost contact, and had recently connected, however, things have changed and are no longer talking. There's a reason for that. There is a reason for everything, I believe, and that's okay.

0 comments:

About This Blog

you'll find my likes, and dislikes, and views posted as news, videos and pictures, and my personal thoughts and views of said subjects. I'll try to make it as interesting as possible.

Code Amber News Service (CANS) - The Web's Amber

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP